Today consisted of one more lecture by each of the four faculty mentors in the morning, and at lunch we got to make the case for our top group choice. I ended up picking the air quality group as my first choice, the whole air sampling group as my second, and the evapotranspiration group as my third. I wrote a couple of sentences as to why I wanted to be in the air quality group, and then I felt nervous because other people had filled up the whole half sheet of paper with their reasons!
After eating some delicious Thai food for lunch, we returned to the DAOF, but our lunch group missed seeing the P-3B land. :( We got to go outside but it had already been shut off for the most part. The other three groups got to see it taxi in. The plane is a LOT smaller than I was expecting. I took a picture of it next to the Shuttle Carrier so you can see how small it is! It also only has a couple of windows, which will definitely be interesting because I prefer window seats when I fly!
We had a brief team meeting after the final lecture (which was on meteorology, yay!). Tomorrow we need to leave the hotel by 6:30 am to get ready to be on the plane by 8 am. We load instruments tomorrow and hook them up, and then Friday is our instrument calibration day.
I enjoyed a baked potato from the Great Steak & Potato Company for dinner with the company of three other groupmates, and then we ventured into the GIANT Forever 21. It is massive. Holy cow. I ended up purchasing two light long-sleeved shirts for $3.25 total. I love their sales. And now I won't be chilly in the 70-degree temperatures in Irvine! ;)
Oh and before I forget, I am in the air quality group--my first choice! Yay! Now I need to come up with project ideas. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment